Decks age and deteriorate over time. The longevity of your deck will depend on its materials, design, use, and the weather conditions your deck has been exposed to. It's critical to the safety of you, your family, and anyone standing on your deck that your deck be built to high design standards and with the best materials.
As of now, most jurisdictions require decks to be rated to hold a capacity of 40 pounds per square foot. The State of Washington, the DCA6, and 3 Brothers Decking wouldn't approve of a deck rated below a 60 pounds per square foot capacity.
The further away you stand from the mounting point of your deck, ie the ledger attached to your house; the weaker it becomes. Many decks in the past have been built with incompatible, insufficient, or inadequately strong hardware and materials. All these factors add up and result in many deck associated accidental deaths. 3 Brothers Decking is knowledgeable and experienced in building decks the right way, creating a safe foundation for your outdoor living space.
- Wood has visible damage or deterioration
- Entire deck moves when one area is under pressure
- Decking boards feel loose or flimsy
- Railing moves or feels loose
- Support posts/ footings are damaged or eroded
- Deck surface may have changed, is no longer level
- Water drainage off your deck could be mis- or undirected
- Animals or bugs may have destroyed a part of your deck
- Decking board repair or replacement
- Framing repair or replacement
- Posts/ Footings repair or replacement
- Stairway repair or replacement
- Grading/ leveling adjustments
- Railing repair or replacement
Some decks can last many more years with relatively minor repairs or replacements. We offer free quotes/ deck safety recommendations. Contact 3 Brothers Decking to schedule your free appointment today.
We design and build decks for strength, safety, and style. We're here to build you an outdoor living experience that you can enjoy and trust.
customers are saying
"Highly recommend this company, they are professional, veteran owned. They did an absolutely amazing job."
- Composite decking boards, railing systems, metal deck framing, exterior lighting fixtures.
- 25 year warranties on Trex materials.
- 10 year warranty on labor in case of repair.
- Trex products contained 95% recycled-content.
- Best composite decking on the market.
- Made in America.